Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by CK <cl...@gmail.com> on 2013/03/21 14:09:08 UTC

vhd template

Hi Folks,
I am looking for a tiny linux template for XenServer(< 1GB size)
to use with CloudStack in a small test environment?
Does anyone have one to share?
Cheers

Re: vhd template

Posted by Jörgen Maas <jo...@gmail.com>.
On Sat, Mar 23, 2013 at 2:36 PM, tawfiq zidi <ta...@gmail.com> wrote:

> thx for this template.
>
> is there other vhd template with different linux flavors ( ubuntu ; mint ,
> centos , fedora ..) ?
>
> Best regards.

Hi there,

You can build your own SuSE based images here (free): http://susestudio.com

--
Grtz,
Jörgen Maas

Re: vhd template

Posted by Rohit Yadav <bh...@apache.org>.
On Sat, Mar 23, 2013 at 7:06 PM, tawfiq zidi <ta...@gmail.com> wrote:
> thx for this template.
>
> is there other vhd template with different linux flavors ( ubuntu ; mint ,
> centos , fedora ..) ?

I think there may be independent appliance publishers out there which
you may search, but it's easier to make your own using isos.

I'll be contributing a patch to veewee (which is a tool that lets you
build appliance on virtualbox etc.) which would enable veewee to
export vbox appliance to xen vhd, kvm qcow2 and vmware ova this would
help people like yourself to hack around and create appliance on vbox
and export to custom appliance formats.

In case you're curious how to do that (vbox to {vhd,qcow2,ova}) see [1] and [2].

[0] https://github.com/jedi4ever/veewee
[1] http://rohityadav.in/logs/building-systemvms/
[2] In src: tools/appliance/build.sh

Cheers.