Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Violeta Georgieva <mi...@gmail.com> on 2012/02/15 21:11:13 UTC

Using local EJBs in web application

Hi,

I integrated Tomcat 7.0.25 with an EJB container.

I have simple web application that uses ejb-local-ref (see the attachment).

Unfortunately when I request the web application it cannot find the ejb at
all:

javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: Name ejb is not bound in this Context
	org.apache.naming.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:820)
	org.apache.naming.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:154)
	org.apache.naming.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:831)

I can see that local EJB refs are not bound, but only EJB refs -

org.apache.catalina.core.NamingContextListener.createNamingContext()

Also in the same class I can see that addLocalEJB method is marked as NO-OP.

Is that intentional? What I have to do in order to have this sample running?

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Violeta
PP: Here is a link to the attached example for those who cannot open
attachments
https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B-HUwAvkRIKJYjE2ZTliMzItOGFkNi00MGVhLTlhM2MtZWM1NmJjOWQxZTc0

Re: Using local EJBs in web application

Posted by Code Animal <co...@gmail.com>.
On 2/15/2012 3:11 PM, Violeta Georgieva wrote:
> Hi,
> I integrated Tomcat 7.0.25 with an EJB container.
> I have simple web application that uses ejb-local-ref (see the
> attachment).
> Unfortunately when I request the web application it cannot find the
> ejb at all:
> javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: Name ejb is not bound in this Context
> 	org.apache.naming.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:820)
> 	org.apache.naming.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:154)
> 	org.apache.naming.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:831)
> I can see that local EJB refs are not bound, but only EJB refs -
>
> org.apache.catalina.core.NamingContextListener.createNamingContext()
>
> Also in the same class I can see that addLocalEJB method is marked as
> NO-OP.
>
> Is that intentional? What I have to do in order to have this sample
> running?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Regards
>
> Violeta
>
> PP: Here is a link to the attached example for those who cannot open
> attachments
> https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B-HUwAvkRIKJYjE2ZTliMzItOGFkNi00MGVhLTlhM2MtZWM1NmJjOWQxZTc0

What happens if you deliver this war file as an exploded file?

RE: Using local EJBs in web application

Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.
> From: Violeta Georgieva [mailto:milesg78@gmail.com]
> Subject: Re: Using local EJBs in web application

> > It's probably just my issue but I am not seeing your
> > war file as valid.

> What do you mean?

I think it means we've got another Martin G on our hands...

In other words, all posts from "Code Animal" are ignorable.

 - Chuck

Re: Using local EJBs in web application

Posted by Violeta Georgieva <mi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Code Animal <co...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Violeta Georgieva <mi...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

>Which one?

Tomcat + OpenEJB in OSGi environment

>Looks like your integration isn't exactly complete.

Yep it cannot reach the OpenEjb at all because there is no binding in the
naming for local EJBs

>Local EJB refs aren't bound, only (non-local) EJB refs?

Yep

>Looks like nobody has done anything about that.
>
>Tomcat is a servlet container that provides minimal support for EJBs
>and things like that. It's no shock to me that something like this is
>unimplemented. If you are interested in providing a patch, we'd be
>glad to consider it for inclusion.

Thanks. I'll definitely do it today or tomorrow.

Regards
Violeta

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.