Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by Jacob Kjome <ho...@visi.com> on 2002/06/19 21:59:00 UTC

Re: Request to drop version number from log4j jar file name ( WAS: St range weblogic problem with new jarfile name )

Hello Tom,

sorry, but for keeping track of what jars you have in your webapp, it
is nice to be able to look at the directory and see what version of
jar files you have.  Besides, it takes all of 2 seconds to rename it
to what you want.  As far as having multiple versions in classloaders,
that can still happen as long as the log4j.jar is sitting in different
directories.  You have the same issues.  In the case of the named jar,
at least you know quickly which one to remove and which one to keep.

+1 for continuing to provided version named jars.

Jake

Best regards,