Posted to user@syncope.apache.org by Arnold Miller <ar...@gmx.com> on 2020/03/24 23:58:43 UTC

invalidmapping [only propagation allowed for derived]

Hi there!

I'm trying to sync first and last names to a single full name to an identity
store by using a push task, so I created a derived schema with the combination
of both; however, when I try to map this the system says:

invalidmapping [only propagation allowed for derived]

Does anybody know what to do in this case? Thank you!

Best Regards,

Arnold Miller

Re: invalidmapping [only propagation allowed for derived]

Posted by Arnold Miller <ar...@gmx.com>.
Neat! It was just a matter of clicking on the "->" arrow in the mapping
window. Thanks Andrea

Best Regards,

Arnold Miller

**Sent:**  Wednesday, March 25, 2020 at 2:35 AM
**From:**  "Andrea Patricelli" <an...@apache.org>
**To:**  user@syncope.apache.org
**Subject:**  Re: invalidmapping [only propagation allowed for derived]

Hi Arnold,

Since derived attributes' values are generated, you can only propagate them
(towards the resource, i.e. identity-store). You cannot pull from the
identity-store the value of a derived attribute simply because its values are
derived from other (plain) attributes ones. If you are pushing data towards a
resource, i.e. execute a propagation task, you have to define the mapping for
the derived attribute(s) as propagation only (->). Please refer to 1, 2 and 3.

HTH,
Andrea

[1] <https://syncope.apache.org/docs/2.1/reference-guide.html#propagation>

[2] <https://syncope.apache.org/docs/2.1/reference-guide.html#mapping>

[3] <https://syncope.apache.org/docs/2.1/reference-guide.html#derived>

    --
    Dott. Andrea Patricelli
    Tel. +39 3204524292

    Engineer @ Tirasa S.r.l.
    Viale Vittoria Colonna 97 - 65127 Pescara
    Tel +39 0859116307 / FAX +39 0859111173
    <http://www.tirasa.net>

    Apache Syncope PMC Member

Re: invalidmapping [only propagation allowed for derived]

Posted by Andrea Patricelli <an...@apache.org>.
Hi Arnold,