Posted to user@pivot.apache.org by Sandro Martini <sa...@gmail.com> on 2012/09/01 00:57:45 UTC

Re: Authenticated Web Queries

Hi all,

> Digest Authentication was written starting looking at how the
> BasicAuthentication was done (in the web subproject), and I remember
> to make Digest Authentication work we had to fix some little part in
> the servlet part of Pivot (committed many time ago).
> But for some reason, DigestAuthentication and related classes stay
> outside Pivot ...
next week I'll post an updated version of these classes, under
pivot-stuff/pivot-stuff-extensions or pivot-stuff-web (at
apache-extras).

Sorry for the delay.

Sandro

Re: Authenticated Web Queries

Posted by Sandro Martini <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi all,
I just committed my (old) class for handling DigestAuthentication from Pivot.

It's a not-so-request feature, and it has not been tested heavily, so
I put it under pivot-stuff:
http://code.google.com/a/apache-extras.org/p/pivot-stuff/

The project is pivot-stuff-extensions. In its release-1.0.2 you can
find the class (and as soon as I find my old tests for it even those
files).
In trunk you find all sources. Tell me if you need a jar for it in the
downloads section there.
For test it, I remember in my setup I was using an Apache HTTP Server
(instead of Tomcat), but only because it was much simpler to setup a
folder and protect it with DigestAuth, I'll put some info asap.

This is the related issue, be free to post some feedback even there,
and reopen if something goes wrong:

Bye,
Sandro