Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Daniel <DA...@hotmail.com> on 2002/09/24 05:49:13 UTC

[users@httpd] i need help with galleries please

Hello.

I am running Apache 2.0.39 with Php 4.2.2.

The problem that I have is that I simply cannot install any galleries for some reason..my php however works.

Here are the galleris I have tried:

http://gallery.menalto.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=phpWiki&file=index&pagename=Download
http://sgs.sourceforge.net/
http://phpgallery.gregbender.com/

Please, can someone try to install any of them and just tell me which one of them can run properly on my setup? Or can someone give me a name or a link of a gallery that they KNOW work on my setup?

I have the same problem with every gallery script..they're not manual setup so you have to put in the configuration information through a webpage. The webpage loads fine, and when I enter the information and press "save settings" or "ok", it just resets the page. Why? Please, I really need to get this to work. I'm not a company guy or anything I am just putting this up for friends and family. Plesae, any help or even a config file for Apache that will let settings change or whatever will be appreciated.

Also, If I want to upgrade from Apache 2.0.39 to Apache 2.0.4, will it be hard and will I lose anything?

Thank you in advance. Please help.

RE: [users@httpd] Please help me with this someone

Posted by João Atalaia <jm...@netcabo.pt>.
howdy... I'm using Apache 2.0.35/php 4.2.0 on winXP pro (close to your
setup),
and just found this gallery last night:

http://gallery.menalto.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=index

I had some problems with it, but nothing much. Specifically:

- don't use pathnames with spaces on them for the albums, cause the
netpbm package you have to install for this gallery to work doesn't like
them (it's on the download page).

- I had problems with a command it uses on the .htaccess files, namely
"php_flag". I just commented that line. My apache told me it was an
unrecognized command or a command from a module that wasn't loaded.
the specific line is:
 php_flag magic_quotes_gpc off
so if you just  turn magic quotes off from php.ini, theres o problem in
commenting this line.

Hope this helps. I found this gallery to be easy to configure, and it
even has a java program to upload pictures to it, as well as a web
interface.

---
>João Atalaia<
jmna@netcabo.pt
ICQ#: 26119250

[users@httpd] Apache tomcat and SSL

Posted by Antoine de Lobel-Mahy <ad...@meeschaert.com>.
Hello,

I have a problem with apache/tomcat SSL

connection during apache and tomcat with mod_webapp.

I have my own root certificate.
I signed my server certificate,

and in this case, I can use my jsp pages in SSL protocol,
it seems ok.

But When I want to use a client certificate (SSLVerifyClient require)
my jsp pages can display without problem if I have not registered my
client certificate on browser.

Someone knows the problem, and the way of solutions?

Thanks and sorry for my english

Antoine

Re: [users@httpd] i need help with galleries please

Posted by "J. Greenlees" <ja...@shaw.ca>.
Aaron,

Posted by "J. Greenlees" <ja...@shaw.ca>.

Posted by Daniel <DA...@hotmail.com>.

Posted by "J. Greenlees" <ja...@shaw.ca>.

Posted by "J. Greenlees" <ja...@shaw.ca>.
Daniel wrote:
> Hello.
>

> I am running Apache 2.0.39 with Php 4.2.2.
>

> The problem that I have is that I simply cannot install any galleries
> for some reason..my php however works.
>

> Here are the galleris I have tried:
>

> http://gallery.menalto.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=phpWiki&file=index&pagename=Download
> <http://gallery.menalto.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=phpWiki&file=index&pagename=Download>
>
> http://sgs.sourceforge.net/
>
> http://phpgallery.gregbender.com/
>

> Please, can someone try to install any of them and just tell me which
> one of them can run properly on my setup? Or can someone give me a name
> or a link of a gallery that they KNOW work on my setup?

myegallery seems to be very stable, runs fine on a few commercial /
community sites I know of.

> I have the same problem with every gallery script..they're not manual
> setup so you have to put in the configuration information through a
> webpage. The webpage loads fine, and when I enter the information and
> press "save settings" or "ok", it just resets the page. Why? Please, I
> really need to get this to work. I'm not a company guy or anything I am
> just putting this up for friends and family. Plesae, any help or even a
> config file for Apache that will let settings change or whatever will be
> appreciated.

did you set the permissions in the directory structure for the galleries
to allow writing? ( *nix systems )
and there is at least one script you have to edit to configure it for
your system ( user name / password for mysql )

> Also, If I want to upgrade from Apache 2.0.39 to Apache 2.0.4, will it
> be hard and will I lose anything?

not hard and you shouldn't loose a thing with normal precautions ( like
backing up your websites [ shouldn't be needed but better safe ])