Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Michael Neel <mi...@gmail.com> on 2005/12/15 17:30:51 UTC

ContextManager in Tomcat 5.5?

I'm trying to figure out ways of running Tomcat behind IIS, and area
where documentation is very lacking :/

I found the IISConfig directive here at:
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.5-doc/catalina/docs/api/org/apache/jk/config/IISConfig.html

it says:

Generates automatic IIS isapi_redirect configurations based on the
Tomcat server.xml settings and the war contexts initialized during
startup.

This config interceptor is enabled by inserting an IISConfig element
in the <ContextManager> tag body inside the server.xml file like so:

 < ContextManager ... >
   <IISConfig options />
 < /ContextManager >

...but I have no ContextManager tag in my server.xml and searching the
list and tomcat docs hasn't pointed to what happened to it.  Where do
I need to place the IISConfig tag?

Thanks,
Mike

Re: ContextManager in Tomcat 5.5?

Posted by Bill Barker <wb...@wilshire.com>.
I guess that Javadocs never got updated when this came over from Tomcat 3.3
;-).

The simplest is to use:
<Engine>
     <IISConfig .... />
</Engine>

Posted by Michael Neel <mi...@gmail.com>.
Yes, I've seen those but they are Tomcat 4 docs.  Tomcat 5 does have
the IISConfig still, but it has been moved to
org.apache.jk.config.IISConfig and the javadocs talk of a <IISConfig>
tag that I can't find in Tomcat 5.5 Docs.  Are the javadocs wrong, and
this class should be configured as a Listener?  The current version of
the IIS doc (http://tomcat.apache.org/connectors-doc/howto/iis.html)
makes no mention of IISConfig, so I'm trying to figure out what the
changes were beyond moving the class.

Mike

Posted by Michael Neel <mi...@gmail.com>.
I'm sorry, I guess I wasn't clear... I already have IIS connecting to
Tomcat; I'm trying now to auto config IIS (uriworkermap.properties)
from tomcat.

Mike

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.
Good Morning Michael