Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by John Wang <jo...@gmail.com> on 2004/07/08 17:48:31 UTC

final Token

Hi gurus:

Please forgive some more of my ignorant questions :)

The Token class is declared as final.

The tokenizers and the analyzers I am writing produce token objects
with more information encapsulated than the Token class defined in
lucene.

So it makes sense to me to be able to derive from it.

I see that even within the Lucene API, classes such as
org.apache.lucene.analysis.standard.Token are created and the
corresponding Tokenizers are customized maybe because of this
limitation.

Am I missing something? Can this class be "unfinaled"?

Thanks

-John