Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Bhaskar Gopalan <bg...@adaptintel.com> on 2002/06/13 23:15:26 UTC

URGENT - PLS HELP

I know this is not a stutus question, but itz very urgent. Pls help!!

I am  moving EJBs from Visual Age for Java 4.0 to Websphere 4.0 AES. One
servlet contains the following piece of code:
            InitialContext ic = getInitialContext();
            java.lang.Object tmpObj = ic.lookup("Company");
            companyHome =
(CompanyHome)PortableRemoteObject.narrow((org.omg.CORBA.Object)tmpObj,
com.mortgagehub.ejb.CompanyHome.class);
            if(companyHome != null)
            {
                company = companyHome.findByPrimaryKey(key);
            }

I am getting the following error in logins.log when I try to login: ""Thu
Jun 13 11:15:43 EDT
2002|member|9999|pinfad81|FAILURE|org.omg.CORBA.BAD_PARAM:
org.omg.CORBA.BAD_PARAM: Servant is not of the expected type.  minor code:
0 completed: No|"

All of a sudden the above error has disappeared and I get the following
error:
"Thu Jun 13 17:07:16 EDT
2002|member|9999|pinfad81|FAILURE|java.lang.ClassCastException:
java.lang.ClassCastException: com.mortgagehub.ejb._CompanyHome_Stub|"

Can you please tell me what could be the reason for the above two errors?

Thanks,
Bhaskar