Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Diwan, Dronesh (Genworth, Contractor)" <dr...@genworth.com> on 2006/02/15 17:00:59 UTC

Change Max Post Size

Any idea on how to change the maxPostSize in the Connector instead of
using the dafault values.

I have problem in uploading files > 2 MB. I tried setting different
values as prescribed but it didn't work.
 http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.5-doc/config/ajp.html

Thanks
Dronesh

RE: Change Max Post Size

Posted by Tim Lucia <ti...@yahoo.com>.
The context work dir has to be the same as the temp dir, at least for Struts
using commons upload, for upload to work correctly on files bigger then
256K:

---struts-config.xml---
    <controller
processorClass="org.apache.struts.tiles.TilesRequestProcessor">
        <set-property property="nocache" value="true"/>
        <!--
       The tempDir property attribute value MUST match the workDir
       value in the xxx.xml (XXX context file) file or file uploads
       of over 256K will not work.
    -->
        <set-property property="tempDir" value="@TODO_REPLACE_TEMPDIR"/>
        <set-property property="maxFileSize" value="10M"/>
    </controller>

---xxx.xml---
<Context displayName="XXX Application @TODO_REPLACE_VERSION"
    path="@TODO_REPLACE_PATH" crossContext="true"
    docBase="@TODO_REPLACE_DOCBASE" workDir="@TODO_REPLACE_WORKDIR"
    reloadable="false" debug="0" swallowOutput="true">

Re: Change Max Post Size

Posted by Bill Barker <wb...@wilshire.com>.

RE: Change Max Post Size

Posted by Carl Olivier <ca...@unysen.co.uk>.
Hi.

Its done in the Connector tag within the /conf/server.xml - see the docs for
the exact attribute but I believe it's the maxPostSize attribute.

Regards,

Carl