Posted to dev@flink.apache.org by "Tzu-Li (Gordon) Tai" <tz...@apache.org> on 2023/04/03 04:36:18 UTC

Re: [VOTE] Release flink-connector-kafka, release candidate #1

Hi Martijn,

Since this RC vote was opened, we had three critical bug fixes that was
merged for the Kafka connector:

   - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLINK-31363
   - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLINK-31305
   - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLINK-31620

Given the severity of these issues (all of them are violations of
exactly-once semantics), and the fact that they are currently not included
yet in any released version, do you think it makes sense to cancel this RC
in favor of a new one that includes these?
Since this RC vote has been stale for quite some time already, it doesn't
seem like we're throwing away too much effort that has already been done if
we start a new RC with these critical fixes included.

What do you think?

Thanks,
Gordon

Posted by "Tzu-Li (Gordon) Tai" <tz...@apache.org>.
RC2 (for Flink 1.17.0) vote has started in a separate thread:
https://lists.apache.org/thread/mff76c2hzcb1mk8fm5m2h4z0j73qz2vk

Please test and cast your votes!

Posted by Martijn Visser <ma...@apache.org>.

Posted by "Tzu-Li (Gordon) Tai" <tz...@apache.org>.