Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Madan U Sreenivasan <ma...@collab.net> on 2005/02/14 07:41:03 UTC

query on writing test scripts

Hi,
  If I need to write a test script that verifies that a particular 'svn
co' command does not crash, should I

  - check for the output of the command
  - the status of the tree after the command
  - the contents of the file checked out

   could someone tell me what the common practise is.... I feel that
verifying the contents of the file would effectively do the two above.

Regards,
Madan.

Re: query on writing test scripts

Posted by kf...@collab.net.
Madan U Sreenivasan <ma...@collab.net> writes:
> Hi,
>   If I need to write a test script that verifies that a particular
> 'svn co' command does not crash, should I
>
>   - check for the output of the command
>   - the status of the tree after the command
>   - the contents of the file checked out
>
>    could someone tell me what the common practise is.... I feel that
> verifying the contents of the file would effectively do the two above.

I'd just verify the contents, yeah.  Make sure the 'co' had exactly
the effect you expected it to have -- that means it must have
succeeded.

-Karl