Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Chris Wilk <ch...@gmail.com> on 2010/12/21 10:35:33 UTC

[daemon] problem with Java debugging

Hello,

I have a problem with Commons Daemon 1.0.4 and JDK 6u21 / 6u23 (both
32-bit and 64-bit). I have observed it both on Microsoft Windows 7 and
Windows Server 2008 R2. It did not exist with Commons Daemon 1.0.2 on
Windows Server 2008 R2.

I cannot use Java Debug Wire Protocol (JDWP) for the purpose of remote
service debugging.As soon as I am starting newly installed service it
stops executing.

In both procrun log and service specific logs I have no clear
errors/warnings messages. It looks to me as
if the actual service did not even start executing.

Could you give me some hints why JDWP might stopped working with new Commons
Daemon release? I cannot go back to previous (1.0.2) release because
it does not work on Windows 7.

Best regards,
Chris M. Wilk

Re: [daemon] problem with Java debugging

Posted by Chris Wilk <ch...@gmail.com>.
Of course I meant Happy New Year 2011 :)

Chris

Posted by Chris Wilk <ch...@gmail.com>.
Hi Mladen,

Posted by Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org>.

Posted by Chris Wilk <ch...@gmail.com>.
Hello Mladen,

Sorry for slight delay. I was swallowed by other tasks.

I have re-checked my start class and even System.out.println statement
put at the very begin of static main method is not printed at all.

As I have stated before everything works for me with Commons Daemon 1.0.2

Do you any hints for me how could I check what is the damon doing at
more granular level?

Thanks in advance,

Best regards,
Chris M. Wilk