Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Roland Asmann <Ro...@adesso.at> on 2009/12/30 16:26:51 UTC

Plugins and their versions

Hi all!

I was wondering if there is a plugin that can report all configured
plugins in a POM. Important to me would be the configured version of the
plugin, so if no such version is given, it should either not give the
version or give it as 'latest'.

Does anybody know of a plugin that can do this?

Roland Asmann

Re: Plugins and their versions

Posted by "Brian E. Fox" <br...@infinity.nu>.
Take a look at the enforcer requirepluginversions rule. It will do
what you have asked.

--Brian (mobile)

Posted by Stephen Connolly <st...@gmail.com>.
yes it tells you the ones with no versions configured, what the
effective version is and (the bit you don't want) what the latest
version is ;-)

Sent from my [rhymes with tryPod] ;-)

Posted by Roland Asmann <Ro...@adesso.at>.
Also, the parameter 'unCheckedPluginsList' doesn't have a setter, so can't
be used! Using the previous parameter (unCheckedPlugins) gives a
deprecation-warning, but at least it still works.

Roland

Posted by Roland Asmann <Ro...@adesso.at>.
Thanks Jesse.

Posted by Jesse Farinacci <ji...@gmail.com>.
Hi Roland,

Posted by Roland Asmann <Ro...@adesso.at>.
> 2009/12/31 Roland Asmann <Ro...@adesso.at>:
>> Indeed it does! Works like a charm!
>>
>> Only one problem now: it reports on several SNAPSHOT plugins, which I
>> actually DO want! I know it's not good practice to use snapshots, but
>> let
>> me explain my case here:
>>
>> I have a multi-module build, which is ALWAYS released in a single go.
>> One
>> of my modules is a plug-in that I actually need in the build, and I
>> always
>> want to use it in the same version as the whole project is in.
>>

> That is not allowed.
>
> All the plugins must be resolved before the build starts.
>
> When you start a release, the plugin will not have been built, so will
> not be available prior to setting up the build plan.
>
> in m3 IIRC your build will refuse to work full stop.
>
> You must release plugins separately from builds that consume them
>
> -Stephen

That sucks... But in m2.0.10 it still works, so I'll keep it in for now.

Roland

Posted by Stephen Connolly <st...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Roland Asmann <Ro...@adesso.at>.

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.