Posted to dev@stratos.apache.org by Lakmal Warusawithana <la...@wso2.com> on 2013/07/12 19:14:09 UTC

Weekly Stratos Hangout

HI All,

We are hoping to organize weekly hangout session for do some interactive
work to accelerate the project. First session we thought to have some
meetup developers, introduce them self and then discuss of the Stratos
architecture. It will help to new developers to come upto speed. Idea is
that have weekly sessions.

There couple of options for hangout.

   - Google Hangout Air

This is best option but nine people can do interactive. Others can watch in
live stream. After session we can upload to youtube. But every one need to
have gmail account for this.

   - Goto Meeting with IRC

Goto meeting we only have 15 max per session, Goto webinar we can have 100
but its not interactive. Then we need to have IRC in parallel to do
interaction. But goto meeting and webinar only work out of the box for
windows and mac.

Appreciate your thoughts. What is the best option? Is any other tools what
we can use?

thanks

--
Lakmal Warusawithana
Software Architect; WSO2 Inc.

Re: Weekly Stratos Hangout

Posted by Udara Liyanage <ud...@wso2.com>.
+1 for the hangout. It will be helpful for an interactive session.

--
Udara Liyanage
Software Engineer

web: http://udaraliyanage.wordpress.com
phone: +94 71 443 6897

Re: Weekly Stratos Hangout

Posted by Pradeep Fernando <pr...@gmail.com>.

Re: Weekly Stratos Hangout

Posted by Suresh Marru <sm...@apache.org>.

If your experiment works out well, others projects will benefit as well.

Suresh

Re: Weekly Stratos Hangout

Posted by Noah Slater <ns...@apache.org>.
This sounds like a great idea!

On 17 July 2013 14:48, Lakmal Warusawithana <la...@wso2.com> wrote:

> Sure will record and host in the apache.stratos YouTube channel
>
> thanks
>

> On Wed, Jul 17, 2013 at 7:10 PM, Chip Childers <ch...@sungard.com>wrote:
>
>> Please be sure to record it!  I'd love to be able to watch after the
>> fact, but $dayjob meetings will make it impossible for me to attend
>> today.
>>
>> -chip
>>
>> On Wed, Jul 17, 2013 at 06:58:42PM +0530, Lakmal Warusawithana wrote:
>> > Final Reminder!! will start from two hours time.
>> >
>> > thanks
>>

> --
> Lakmal Warusawithana
> Software Architect; WSO2 Inc.