Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Mig-O <Mi...@artis.uni-oldenburg.de> on 2003/05/13 14:18:59 UTC

VFS, Copy & Move

Hello,

Is there a reason why copy&move is not impemented in the VFS?
Most Filesystems support those actions, and those action are elementary in
my eyes.

thanks,
Daniel Migowski

I just write a similar virtual filesystem (not that much supported
filesystem types, of course), and the ability to copy files on other servers
is really nice. It would even support FXP Transfers in later stages..., and
would allow to write really cool file managers.

Re: VFS, Copy & Move

Posted by Jeff Barrett <jb...@sawyermedia.com>.
Hi Mig-O

FileObject does have a copyFrom() method.  I'd imagine there's no move
method because noone's had a chance to write it yet.  You can probably
work around that with a combinatino of copyFrom() and delete().

+jeff