Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Angelo Chen <an...@yahoo.com.hk> on 2008/01/28 03:02:28 UTC

A "Hello World" in ejb3

Hi,

I'm looking for a simple sample Maven project for ejb3, I have tried this:
http://www.sonatype.com/book/examples/book-j2ee.zip, everything compile, and
I follow the exact steps in the maven-user-guide.pdf, but it just not
working.

Thanks,

A.C.

Re: A "Hello World" in ejb3

Posted by Martin Hoeller <ma...@xss.co.at>.
On 28 Jan 2008, Angelo Chen wrote:

> Thanks but maven-archetype-j2ee-simple is not for ejb3, is there archetype
> for ejb3? thanks.

Unfortunately not that I know of and not in the list of archetypes [0].

However, you can use the j2ee archetype and just add this to your
maven-ejb-plugin definition in the <build> section:

                  <configuration>
                    <ejbVersion>3.0</ejbVersion>
                  </configuration>

Just as described in Maven - The Definitve Guide [1].

hth,
- martin

[0] http://docs.codehaus.org/display/MAVENUSER/Archetypes+List
[1] http://www.sonatype.com/book/j2ee.html
--
Martin Höller                   | martin.hoeller@xss.co.at
*x Software + Systeme           | http://www.xss.co.at/

Re: A "Hello World" in ejb3

Posted by Angelo Chen <an...@yahoo.com.hk>.
Hi Martin,

Re: A "Hello World" in ejb3

Posted by Martin Hoeller <ma...@xss.co.at>.

Re: A "Hello World" in ejb3

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
Are you sure this is a Maven problem and not a defect in Geronimo?
Given that the Geronimo team is the creator of this sample, I think
its best to ask them why its broken, and what you should do to fix it.

Wayne

Re: A "Hello World" in ejb3

Posted by Steinar Overbeck Cook <st...@balder.no>.
unsubscribe

Re: Conflicting Jar Names

Posted by Steve Found <st...@volantis.com>.
Thanks Lee... I had a feeling this would be the case :D  So I have
witten myself a perl script to go around all the poms and change the
artifactId's for all the dependancies.  The joy of legacy code :)

Re: Conflicting Jar Names

Posted by Steve Found <st...@volantis.com>.
Hi Jeff,

Thanks for this but it is something we already tried. Although that does
change the name of the
generated jar file, the name is lost when it gets placed into the maven
repository. When it gets installed,
the name reverts to ${artifactId}-${version}.jar in a directory mad from
${groupId}. What I would need
is a <finalName> tag in the install plugin... and I could not see one.

Steve.

Re: Conflicting Jar Names

Posted by Jeff MAURY <je...@jeffmaury.com>.
Steve,

> [...]

> > when the installer resolves it's dependancies. I tried setting the name
> > of the generated jar from each subsystem pom, but this was lost when the
> > jar was installed.
> >
> > 2. Be able to change the name of the jar when the dependancy is resolved
> > but without adding each and every dependancy to the installer POM. For
> > example... can I prepend volantis-synergetics- to every jar file that
> > has a groupId of com.volantis.synergetics ? In the above example then I
> > would get volantis-synergetics-repository-api.5.0-SNAPSHOT.jar and
> > volantis-mcs-repository-api.5.0-SNAPSHOT.jar.
> >
> > Is there any way I can achieve these things through the install or
> > dependancy plugins ?
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> >   Steve.

> -- Lee Meador
> Sent from gmail. My real email address is lee AT leemeador.com

La mélancolie c'est communiste
Tout le monde y a droit de temps en temps
La mélancolie n'est pas capitaliste
C'est même gratuit pour les perdants
La mélancolie c'est pacifiste
On ne lui rentre jamais dedans
La mélancolie oh tu sais ça existe
Elle se prend même avec des gants
La mélancolie c'est pour les syndicalistes
Il faut juste sa carte de permanent

Miossec (2006)

http://www.jeffmaury.com
http://riadiscuss.jeffmaury.com

Re: Conflicting Jar Names

Posted by Lee Meador <le...@leemeador.com>.

Conflicting Jar Names

Re: A "Hello World" in ejb3

Re: A "Hello World" in ejb3

Posted by Angelo Chen <an...@yahoo.com.hk>.
Hi Jacek,

Thanks, I checked out that trunk, and

mvn compile, everything compiles then

mvn package, I got this error:

org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.LifecycleException: load of
org.apache.geronimo.framework/geronimo-gbean-deployer/2.1-SNAPSHOT/car
failed
        at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.SimpleConfigurationManager.loadConfiguration(SimpleConfigurationManager.java:299)
	   at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.SimpleConfigurationManager.loadConfiguration(SimpleConfigurationManager.java:296)
	        ... 33 more

[INFO]
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO]
org.apache.geronimo.framework/geronimo-gbean-deployer/2.1-SNAPSHOT/car

however the ear file for calculator is there, so I deployed it in Geronimo
and it works!

now, is there a simple maven project? let's say, just calculator, what in
the trunk now has a lot of sample projects, and many level of pom.xml, this
is too advanced for newbie like me, i need a single project, any one
available? thanks.

A.C.

Re: A "Hello World" in ejb3

Posted by Jacek Laskowski <ja...@laskowski.net.pl>.

Re: A "Hello World" in ejb3

Posted by Angelo Chen <an...@yahoo.com.hk>.
Hi Jacek,

Re: A "Hello World" in ejb3

Posted by Jacek Laskowski <ja...@laskowski.net.pl>.

Re: A "Hello World" in ejb3

Posted by Angelo Chen <an...@yahoo.com.hk>.
Hi Daniele,

Re: A "Hello World" in ejb3

Posted by Daniele De Francesco <dd...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Re: A "Hello World" in ejb3

Posted by Angelo Chen <an...@yahoo.com.hk>.
Hi Wayne,

[...]

org.apache.geronimo.deployment.DeploymentContext.getCompleteManifestClassPath(DeploymentContext.java:286)

Re: A "Hello World" in ejb3

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.