Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Tony <to...@gmail.com> on 2005/11/26 03:56:27 UTC

Correcting the import location of a project in a repository.

I made an error when importing a project (here described as componentC).
Instead of importing it under the "component" subdirectory...

/repositoryA
   components/
      componentA/
         trunk/
         tags/
         branches/
      componentB/
         trunk/
         tags/
         branches/
      componentC/
         trunk/
         tags/
         branches/
   modules/
      moduleA/
         trunk/
         tags/
         branches/
   templates/
      templateA/
         trunk/
         tags/
         branches/

I accidentally put it directly under the repositoryA directory, resulting in
something like this...

/repositoryA
   branches/
   tags/
   trunk/
   components/
      componentA/
         trunk/
         tags/
         branches/
      componentB/
         trunk/
         tags/
         branches/
   modules/
      moduleA/
         trunk/
         tags/
         branches/
   templates/
      templateA/
         trunk/
         tags/
         branches/

Is there a way to move the project, or does one have to delete it and add it
again?
How does one delete a project from a repository?

Re: Correcting the import location of a project in a repository.

Posted by Raman Gupta <ro...@fastmail.fm>.
Nick Glencross wrote:
>  4) Use the svn command-line to do the same as 1).
>
>      e.g.
>
>  svn mkdir XXX/repositoryA/components/componentC
>
>  svn move XXX/repositoryA/tags XXX/repositoryA/components/componentC
>  svn move XXX/repositoryA/trunk XXX/repositoryA/components/componentC
>  svn move XXX/repositoryA/branches XXX/repositoryA/components/componentC
>
> where XXX is your svn root.
>
> As stated here, it takes 4 transactions; last time I checked it wasn't
> possible to move multiple items in one go.

Use rsvn [1] to do multiple remote commands (such as moves) in one
transaction.

[1] https://opensvn.csie.org/traccgi/rsvn/trac.cgi/wiki

Cheers,
Raman

Re: Correcting the import location of a project in a repository.

Posted by Nick Glencross <ni...@glencros.demon.co.uk>.
Stephan Zeissler wrote:

> Hi,
>
> there are several ways to fix this:
>
> 1) Use something like the tortoise repositorybrowser and simply move
> the components directory under trunk/
> 2) Checkout the whole repository and move it there and commit it back.
> 3) Make a dump, modify this dump(i think with svndumpfilter) and load
> it back to a new repository.

or:

  4) Use the svn command-line to do the same as 1).

      e.g.

  svn mkdir XXX/repositoryA/components/componentC

  svn move XXX/repositoryA/tags XXX/repositoryA/components/componentC
  svn move XXX/repositoryA/trunk XXX/repositoryA/components/componentC
  svn move XXX/repositoryA/branches XXX/repositoryA/components/componentC

where XXX is your svn root.

As stated here, it takes 4 transactions; last time I checked it wasn't
possible to move multiple items in one go.

Nick

Re: Correcting the import location of a project in a repository.

Posted by Stephan Zeissler <st...@kuttig.com>.
Hi,

there are several ways to fix this:

1) Use something like the tortoise repositorybrowser and simply move the
components directory under trunk/
2) Checkout the whole repository and move it there and commit it back.
3) Make a dump, modify this dump(i think with svndumpfilter) and load it
back to a new repository.

Greetings
 Stephan

--