Posted to user@karaf.apache.org by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@apache.org> on 2019/02/26 11:00:40 UTC

Re: KARAF-5742 quick question

Fwding to user@k.a.o

Le mar. 26 févr. 2019 à 11:03, Daniel Estermann <es...@apache.org> a
écrit :

> Hi Guillaume,
>
> you have fixed the above mentioned issue
> <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KARAF-5742?focusedCommentId=16473877&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels%3Acomment-tabpanel#comment-16473877>,
> but I don't understand yet how to apply it. I want to set the following
> colors in my console:
>

> fatalColor = 31;1
> errorColor = 31;1
> warnColor = 35;1
> infoColor = 36;1
> debugColor = 39;1
> traceColor = 39;1
>
> How to set KS_COLORS permanently and what would be the appropriate value
> for my desired colors?

The KS_COLORS contains 3 colors which are used to style the exception
logged to the console, mainly when the execution of a command  results in
an exception. For example, you can see the effect in the following snippet

*karaf*@root()> KS_COLORS="em=34:ee=1;33:st=35"

em=34:ee=1;33:st=35

*karaf*@root()> foo

Command not found: *foo*

*karaf*@root()> stack-traces-print

Printing of stacktraces set to true

*karaf*@root()> foo

org.apache.felix.gogo.runtime.CommandNotFoundException: Command not found:
foo

at org.apache.felix.gogo.runtime.Closure.executeCmd(Closure.java:596)

at org.apache.felix.gogo.runtime.Closure.executeStatement(Closure.java:526)

at org.apache.felix.gogo.runtime.Closure.execute(Closure.java:415)

at org.apache.felix.gogo.runtime.Pipe.doCall(Pipe.java:416)

at org.apache.felix.gogo.runtime.Pipe.call(Pipe.java:229)

at org.apache.felix.gogo.runtime.Pipe.call(Pipe.java:59)

at

at

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)

*karaf*@root()>

If you want to configure the logging colors, those are configured in the
org.apache.karaf.log configuration with the values you explained, but this
is unrelated to KARAF-5742
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KARAF-5742> afaik.

Guillaume

--
------------------------
Guillaume Nodet

Re: KARAF-5742 quick question

Posted by Daniel Estermann <es...@apache.org>.
Hi Guillaume,

thanks again for your reply. But I have another color-related question.
Is it currently possible to configure the colors of console inputs? I.e. how syntax highlighting colors the keywords.

Regards
Daniel

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@apache.org>.

écrit :

> Thanks for the example, I see know what "em", "ee" and "st" stand for.
> But there was a little misunderstanding. I wanted to have that session
> variable set permanently, not for a single session. How to achieve it?
>
> Am Di., 26. Feb. 2019 um 12:00 Uhr schrieb Guillaume Nodet <
> gnodet@apache.org>:
>
>> Fwding to user@k.a.o
>>
>> Le mar. 26 févr. 2019 à 11:03, Daniel Estermann <es...@apache.org> a
>> écrit :
>>
>>> Hi Guillaume,
>>>
>>> you have fixed the above mentioned issue
>>> <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KARAF-5742?focusedCommentId=16473877&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels%3Acomment-tabpanel#comment-16473877>,
>>> but I don't understand yet how to apply it. I want to set the following
>>> colors in my console:
>>>

>>> fatalColor = 31;1
>>> errorColor = 31;1
>>> warnColor = 35;1