Posted to user@thrift.apache.org by Esteve Fernandez <es...@sindominio.net> on 2009/10/28 20:13:38 UTC

ApacheCon

Hi,

is anybody else going to ApacheCon? Oakland is not so far from Facebook HQ, so
it would be a good chance to meet the original Thrift developers. I know
developers from the Cassandra project will come to ApacheCon too, so that's
another Facebook-related project to add to the mix :-)

Cheers.

Re: ApacheCon

Posted by Upayavira <uv...@odoko.co.uk>.
On Mon, 2009-11-02 at 21:25 +0100, Esteve Fernandez wrote:
> Hi
>
> > Any interest in a thrift hackathon of sorts this week coordinating with
> > ApacheCon? It might be a good way to kickstart this release we've been
> > trying to do - if we all get in a room with some laptops and beer maybe we
> > can get something out the door?
>
> Sure. I'll be here all week, so any day works for me. There are some Cassandra
> folks here (big users of Thrift), who may give us some useful feedback too.
>
> > There's a Hadoop meetup on Thurs but Tues or Wed are open for me. I could
> > potentially snag Cloudera offices but they're a bit of a trek from Oakland
> > given the Bay Bridge is out of commission. Anyone have office space near to
> > Oakland in the east bay?
>
> Hooray, the Bay Bridge is open again [1]!
>
> Cheers.
>
> 1 - http://baybridgeinfo.org/

If you did it on Tuesday, we could see if you can find space at the
conference, as the hackathon is free. And, because it is free, I'm
spending tomorrow there.

Upayavira

Re: ApacheCon

Posted by Esteve Fernandez <es...@sindominio.net>.
Hi

Re: ApacheCon

Posted by Esteve Fernandez <es...@sindominio.net>.
Hi

Re: ApacheCon

Posted by Todd Lipcon <to...@cloudera.com>.
Any interest in a thrift hackathon of sorts this week coordinating with
ApacheCon? It might be a good way to kickstart this release we've been
trying to do - if we all get in a room with some laptops and beer maybe we
can get something out the door?

There's a Hadoop meetup on Thurs but Tues or Wed are open for me. I could
potentially snag Cloudera offices but they're a bit of a trek from Oakland
given the Bay Bridge is out of commission. Anyone have office space near to
Oakland in the east bay?

-Todd

Re: ApacheCon

Posted by Todd Lipcon <to...@cloudera.com>.
I'll be there Wednesday - probably hanging around the Cloudera booth and the
Hadoop track most of the day.

-Todd

Re: ApacheCon

Posted by David Reiss <dr...@facebook.com>.