Posted to users@flex.apache.org by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de> on 2015/05/01 12:00:13 UTC

AW: Help proofreading Maven documentation

Well you shouldn't manually download SNAPSHOT versions and install them locally.
This will definitely not work as you expected. By the way a SNAPSHOT on a remote repository consists of the following parts:

{artifactId}-{version}-{build-date}.{build-time}-{counter}.jar

Locally you only have one {artifactId}-{version}-SNAPSHOT, but on the server you usually have 1-20 of them. When building Maven checks the remote daily (default) but can be set to check in other intervals, if new SNAPSHOTs have been provided. Maven uses the Date, Time and Counter to check this.

So in your case you shouldn't have manually donwloaded the stuff to your local repo, but have maven to that for you by adding the apache and the sonatype snapshot repos to your build.

Perhaps some more explanation here:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/5901378/what-exactly-is-a-maven-snapshot-and-why-do-we-need-it

Chris

Posted by lynwall <ly...@kbmg.com>.
Thank you so much for your help!

Lyn Wall | UI Architect | KBM Group | (Tel) 713 995 2392 | (Mob) 281 377 6356 | lyn.wall@kbmg.com<ma...@kbmg.com>

http://apache-flex-users.2333346.n4.nabble.com/Help-proofreading-Maven-documentation-tp10169p10242.html
NAML<http://apache-flex-users.2333346.n4.nabble.com/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=macro_viewer&id=instant_html%21nabble%3Aemail.naml&base=nabble.naml.namespaces.BasicNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NabbleNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NodeNamespace&breadcrumbs=notify_subscribers%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-instant_emails%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-send_instant_email%21nabble%3Aemail.naml>