Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Kalyan Ayyagari <ka...@revenuetech.com> on 2005/05/25 14:22:07 UTC

how to get the index of the outer loop

I have a nested loop using nested:iterate. Inside the inner loop I have a
radio button. I want to group the radio buttons based on the index of the
outer loop. How can I do it?

Here's the code snapshot:

<nested:iterate property="outerProp" > OuterProperty:

            <nested:iterate id="row" property="innerProp"
type="java.my.someType"> InnerProperty:

                        <nested:radio name="row" property="selectedId"
value="myId" indexed="true" /> My Radio Property

             </nested:iterate>

<nested:iterate>

With the indexed="true", my radio buttons are being rendered, for example,
like this:

OuterPropety0:

InnerProperty0:  row[0].selectedId

InnerProperty1:  row[1].selectedId

InnerProperty2:  row[2].selectedId

OuterPropety1:

InnerProperty0:  row[0].selectedId

InnerProperty1:  row[1].selectedId

InnerProperty2:  row[2].selectedId

Whereas, I want it to be like this:

OuterPropety0:

InnerProperty0:  row[0].selectedId

InnerProperty1:  row[0].selectedId

InnerProperty2:  row[0].selectedId

OuterPropety1:

InnerProperty0:  row[1].selectedId

InnerProperty1:  row[1].selectedId

InnerProperty2:  row[1].selectedId

Thanks,

Kalyan

Re: how to get the index of the outer loop

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ja...@wendysmoak.com>.
From: "Kalyan Ayyagari" <ka...@revenuetech.com>

> I have a nested loop using nested:iterate. Inside the inner loop I have a
> radio button. I want to group the radio buttons based on the index of the
> outer loop. How can I do it?

http://struts.apache.org/userGuide/struts-logic.html#iterate

You can expose the current index by using the 'indexId' attribute, but I'm
not sure how to use that index in the 'classic' tags without expressions.  I
would do this with JSTL and <c:forEach> using the varStatus attribute.

--
Wendy Smoak