Posted to users@openjpa.apache.org by Heather Sterling <vt...@gmail.com> on 2009/08/13 19:39:58 UTC

extending EntityManager

Hi,

I'm looking to extend OpenJPA's entity manager to provide some additional
methods.  Based on my reading, it seems like I can extend both the default
EntityManagerFactory and the default EntityManager.  However, I can't seem
to find any information on how to actually do this. Any pointers are
appreciated.

Thanks,
Heather Sterling

Re: extending EntityManager

Posted by Pinaki Poddar <pp...@apache.org>.
Hi,
  Take a peek at openjpa-slice. This module extends both north-bound and
south-bound APIs i.e. EntityManager and StoreManager for core OpenJPA object
management kernel.

-----
Pinaki

Re: extending EntityManager

Posted by Kevin Sutter <kw...@gmail.com>.
Heather,
Yes, the EMF and EM implementations can be extended.  There's nothing
preventing that, but this makes it sound like you might be interested in
providing your own flavor of OpenJPA as a Persistence Provider.  This is
also doable, but this might be more work than you think.  Can I ask why you
want to do this?  There might be alternative ways of accomplishing the same
thing without as much effort.

Kevin