Posted to dev@kibble.apache.org by Sharan Foga <sh...@apache.org> on 2020/10/11 16:55:38 UTC

[LAZY CONSENSUS] Rename Default Branch from Master to Main

Hi All

Many projects have renamed their default branch from master.[1] We still have a master branch so would like to rename this to 'main'. Tomek has already created an issue [2]

I'd like to use lazy consensus [3] for this decision so please respond to this message only if you disagree with renaming the default branch from 'master' to 'main'

Thanks
Sharan

[1] https://github.com/github/renaming
[2] https://github.com/apache/kibble/issues/45
[2] http://community.apache.org/committers/lazyConsensus.html

Re: [LAZY CONSENSUS] Rename Default Branch from Master to Main

Posted by Sharan Foga <sh...@apache.org>.
Thanks Tomek for you help on this done!

Posted by Sharan Foga <sh...@apache.org>.
Hi All