Posted to dev@nutch.apache.org by Ferdy Galema <fe...@kalooga.com> on 2012/01/20 12:21:44 UTC

minor suggestion to ivy.xml of plugins (remove nutch.root property)

Can't we change the configuration include ivy.xml of the plugins from

<include file="${nutch.root}/ivy/ivy-configurations.xml"/>

<include file="../../../ivy/ivy-configurations.xml"/> ?

This way IvyDE can add them instantly with zero-configuration to the
Eclipse classpath. Because it seems that "nutch.root" is not resolved in
IvyDE.

Please note that parse-html somehow already is using the "../../../"
mechanism. (Unlike most of the other plugins.)

When you agree I'll create an issue and patch all plugins.

Re: minor suggestion to ivy.xml of plugins (remove nutch.root property)

Posted by Lewis John Mcgibbney <le...@gmail.com>.
Hi Ferdy,

I think this has been a somewhat long standing problem! I am totally up for
anything which makes life easier in your/my/our IDE and if it takes a
hard-coded path to the root directory to address it then I would give my
+1.

Lewis

--
*Lewis*