Posted to user@storm.apache.org by Calvin Iyer <ca...@gmail.com> on 2015/09/08 14:35:13 UTC

Trident issues

Hi,

I have a trident topology which uses a kafka input and an aggregator which
maintains an aggregate of the data from kafka. I see from the storm ui that
$mastercoord-bg0
<http://54.162.231.12:8080/component.html?id=%24mastercoord-bg0&topology_id=tridentkafka-31-1441708072>
(which
I suppose is the kafka spout) has a lot of failures. The logs don't show
any exceptions except for a couple of netty connection issues. Could anyone
tell me what would be the possible causes for this ? Also the aggregator
writes the final aggregate to a kafka topic and doesn't emit anything so I
have it setup in the topology as below :
.aggregate(new Fields("str"), new
CustomCountAggregator(kafkaProducerProps), new Fields())

In this case does the aggregator send an ack in case I don't do an emit in
it's complete() method too ? If it doesn't what is the correct way to
define an aggregator that doesn't emit anything or is my approach incorrect
and I need to use something other than an aggregator ?

Thanks,
Calvin