Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Stefan Bielenberg <sb...@ulysea.com> on 2008/04/02 12:30:10 UTC

[users@httpd] mod_access: deny function

Hello,

I'm searching for a method to remove the IP definitions form the original Apache
config. file to new file which contains only the IP addresses. The same like I
know from Postfix SMTP server. Something like:

  deny hash:/etc/httpd/conf.d/deny_list

or

  deny /etc/httpd/conf.d/deny_list

Actually I use this configuration:

  <Location>

    Order allow,deny

    Allow from all

    Deny from 38.113.219.60 65.77.135.171 38.113.206.81 65.77.135.163
  </Location>

Thanks for your help.
Stefan

Re: [users@httpd] mod_access: deny function

Posted by Nick Kew <ni...@webthing.com>.
On Wed, 2 Apr 2008 10:30:10 +0000 (UTC)
Stefan Bielenberg <sb...@ulysea.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm searching for a method to remove the IP definitions form the
> original Apache config. file to new file which contains only the IP
> addresses. The same like I know from Postfix SMTP server. Something
> like:
>
>   deny hash:/etc/httpd/conf.d/deny_list

Not implemented in the standard apache distribution.
You could work around it with mod_rewrite (RewriteMap your-deny-list)
or look for a third-party module, or just hack it.

--
Nick Kew

http://www.apachetutor.org/