Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Adrian Stern <ar...@gmail.com> on 2014/02/18 11:09:33 UTC

Payment Method Id - dropdown is empty

Hello

I'm trying out some invoices but i'm unable to apply a payment to it
because i cannot set the payment method. The dropdown is empty.

I went to the gl global config and i tried to set some defauts in

1. global gl settings - payment method type
2. organizastion gl settings - gl account defaults:
   - payment type /gl account type id
   - payment method id / gl account id

But still the dropdown remains empty..

When trying to set the payment status to 'received' i get this message:

The Following Errors Occurred:

Cannot change the status to 'Received' when the mandatory payment method is
missing.

What needs to be done?

Regards,
Adrian

Re: Payment Method Id - dropdown is empty

Posted by Adrian Stern <ar...@gmail.com>.
Hi Pierre

Im really sorry but your answer raises even more questions.

What i understand from your answer ist this: (inline answers pretty much
desired)
1. Financial accounts are indeed optional for Accounting to work BUT you
need them to see the Balances and Transactions from specific GL Accounts.
2. One only creates financial accounts for gl accounts you want to monitor.

So next to the financial accounts there is no way of viewing
transactions/balance from a gl account?

This is how i create my EFT Payment method so far:
How do you do it?

  <PaymentMethod paymentMethodId="CS_CHECKED"
paymentMethodTypeId="EFT_ACCOUNT" partyId="Company" description="CS
Hauptkonto" fromDate="2014-02-21 09:01:53.19"/>
  <EftAccount paymentMethodId="CS_CHECKED" bankName="Credit Suisse"
routingNumber="4830" accountType="Checking" accountNumber="128 888 34"
nameOnAccount="Hauptkonto" contactMechId="9000"/>

Posted by Pierre Smits <pi...@gmail.com>.
Adrian,

As far as I understand it, the financial account is an entity to reconcile
payment and receipts. It should be associated to a GL account (to see the
transactions in the GL). In accounting terminology it is a sub ledger.

Regards,

Pierre Smits

*ORRTIZ.COM <http://www.orrtiz.com>*
Services & Solutions for Cloud-