Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Panneerselvam Posangu <pa...@gmail.com> on 2019/05/21 10:15:17 UTC

JMeter with selenium scripts - response time for individual requests

 with subject line!

Hi JMeter users/experts,

We are using a Selenium based automated functional testing framework. This
framework uses test scripts, test steps and test cases configured in xls
files Results of the testing is presented using TestNG.

I was trying to figure out if there is a way to re-use this framework for
load testing using Apache JMeter.
As a initial trial, I wrote a Java Request sampler and invoked the
triggering point in Selenium framework. While browser is coming up for a
given thread group and test scrips are executing in order, response time
statistics is aggregated at thread group level. Response time is not coming
up for every test script.

my test test steps are like the below:

Choosing a Profile
Choosing a Module/Tab
Accessing a Page with a list of 1000 records
Filtering the page to see a specific value ]

   1. I am interested in seeing response time for each step. And I am not
   sure if any of the JMeter Listeners would provide this data per request
   when I use Java Request Sampler.
   2. At a more basic level, I am not sure using Java Request Sampler for
   this purpose is a correct approach.

Please provide some expert advice. Appreciate your input.

Thank you
Panneer

Re: JMeter with selenium scripts - response time for individual requests

Posted by "glinius@live.com" <gl...@live.com>.
With regards to JMeter Listeners  View Results Tree
<https://jmeter.apache.org/usermanual/component_reference.html#View_Results_Tree>
and  View Results in Table
<https://jmeter.apache.org/usermanual/component_reference.html#View_Results_in_Table>
show statistics for each individual request

<https://i.stack.imgur.com/XWCSb.png>

Another option is adding specific JMeter Functions like  __threadNum()
<https://jmeter.apache.org/usermanual/functions.html#__threadNum>   to add
current number of virtual user or  ${__groovy(vars.getIteration(),)}
<https://www.blazemeter.com/blog/the-groovy-templates-cheat-sheet-for-jmeter>
to add current Thread Group iteration number to the sampler, this way each
sampler will have an individual label and will be displayed separately even
in such listeners as  Aggregate Report
<https://jmeter.apache.org/usermanual/component_reference.html#Aggregate_Report>

<https://i.stack.imgur.com/mJRts.png>

--