Posted to dev@isis.apache.org by Andi Huber <ah...@apache.org> on 2018/02/21 21:07:53 UTC

publishing behavior discrepancy between doc and code

Hi Dan,

I'm in the processes of fixing some tests in module metamodel on the
'master' branch.

If I interpret the doc [1] correctly, then we have a discrepancy between
doc and current implementation:

Given (invalid or missing) configuration property
|isis.services.publish.objects=foobar

|according to the doc should be picked up by the framework equivalently to
|isis.services.publish.objects=all|

> If there is no configuration property in |isis.properties| then
> publishing is automatically enabled for domain objects.

But in code we do the opposite (|isis.services.publish.objects=none|).
Which way should it be?

Cheers, Andi

[1]
https://isis.apache.org/guides/rgant/rgant.html#_rgant-DomainObject_publishing

Re: publishing behavior discrepancy between doc and code

Posted by Andi Huber <ah...@apache.org>.
Thx Dan!

Answering inline ..

On 21.02.2018 23:48, Dan Haywood wrote:
> Hi Andi
>
> good catch.
>
> I think we should change the docs to match the code rather than the other
> way around; otherwise we run the risk of changing the behaviour of the
> framework which might cause issues.
I've updated the doc to conform with current code behavior and fixed the
logic of the particular test.

> What happens with auditing, is there a discrepancy there too, I wonder?
No discrepancy here ... Auditing behaves according to doc: falls back to
'enabled', if invalid or missing configuration

Cheers Andi!

Posted by Dan Haywood <da...@haywood-associates.co.uk>.
Hi Andi