Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Ronald Klop <ro...@base.nl> on 2003/03/04 14:03:37 UTC

jspc packaging fails?

Hello,

I'm trying the 'packaged jsp' of jspc. And I hope I understand it well.
Using ant 1.5.2 and Tomcat 4.1.21:

<jspc	srcdir="${dstdir.home}"
	destdir="${tempdir.home}/jspc/java"
	uriroot="${dstdir.home}">

	<classpath refid="local.classpath" />
</jspc>

<javac	srcdir="${tempdir.home}/jspc/java/"
	destdir="${tempdir.home}/jspc/classes/"

	<classpath refid="local.classpath" />
</javac>

While http-getting /progs/broker/searchobject.jsp I get the next error:

javax.servlet.ServletException: org/apache/jsp/searchobject_jsp (wrong
name: progs/broker/searchobject_jsp)
  at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:249)

ROOT CAUSE:
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/jsp/searchobject_jsp (wrong
name: progs/broker/searchobject_jsp)
  at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JasperLoader.loadClass(JasperLoader.java:215)

Do I understand that this new jspc compiles the jsp's in there own
package and that tomcat can handle this?
Or does the packaged jsp in the RELEASE NOTES mean something else?
I also tried it with the jspc.bat from tomcat, but got the same error.

How do other people do this and do they have succes with it?

Greetings,

Ronald.