Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Robert Ensinger <ro...@resolutionebs.com> on 2004/02/04 05:40:09 UTC

need help adding classpath to Tomcat 5.0.18 NT Service

Hi Folks,

            I'm working with an app that needs a classpath "kickstart" to
run properly. The jar is deployed to %CATALINA_HOME%\shared\lib\.

When starting the server via the startup.bat, the app works properly when
the set classpath variable in the setclasspath.bat is defined as:

set
CLASSPATH=%JAVA_HOME%\lib\tools.jar;%CATALINA_HOME%\shared\lib\engine.jar

Now I wish to see this app run when Tomcat is started as a service.

Under Java VM in the configuration utility I have added:

-Djava.class.path="%JAVA_HOME%\lib\tools.jar;%CATALINA_HOME%\shared\lib\engi
ne.jar"

My Java Options box reads as follows:

-Dcatalina.home="C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 5.0"

-Djava.endorsed.dirs="C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat
5.0\common\endorsed"

-Djava.class.path="%JAVA_HOME%\lib\tools.jar;%CATALINA_HOME%\shared\lib\engi
ne.jar"

-Xrs

This isn't working.

I've read the docs and How Tos, spelunked this list, googled, added this
classpath to the systems environmental variables, to the catalina.xml, and
even the catalina.proprties. None of this seems to work.

Where is the proper spot to add a classpath to Tomcat running as a service?
What is the proper syntax? (examples?)

My java version is 1.4.2. I have successfully setup this app in JRun4 &
Weblogic 8.1 running as services. Need a little help with the Tomcat.

Thanks!

Robert Ensinger