Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Mark Volkmann <vo...@charter.net> on 2002/03/23 22:18:43 UTC

Re: JWS and Java package names

Doug,

Sorry I've taken so long to reply. I got busy with other issues.
Hopefully if I explain better what I'm attempting, you'll see the error in
my ways.
Here's the .jws file I'm using for my test.

package mypkg;

public class BasicMath {
    public int add(int n1, int n2) {
        return n1 + n2;
    }
}

I see four possibilities for working with JWS and packages.

Case 1: No package statement in .jws file, copy it to webapps/axis
- This URL works.  http://localhost:8080/axis/BasicMath.jws?wsdl.

Case 2: No package statement in .jws file, copy it to webapps/axis/mypkg.
- This URL works.  http://localhost:8080/axis/mypkg/BasicMath.jws?wsdl.

Case 3: "package mypkg;" in .jws file, copy it to webapps/axis
- This URL doesn't work.
http://localhost:8080/axis/mypkg/BasicMath.jws?wsdl.

Case 4: "package mypkg;" in .jws file, copy it to webapps/axis/mypkg
- I believe this is what you suggested I try in your last email.
- This URL doesn't work.
http://localhost:8080/axis/mypkg/BasicMath.jws?wsdl.
- In fact, this creates BasicMath.class in webapps/axis/mypkg/mypkg.

It seems to me that if you want to use a package with JWS, you need to put
the .jws file in a package subdirectory of webapps/axis, but you can't put a
package statement in the .jws file. Does this match your understanding?