Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by David E Jones <da...@hotwaxmedia.com> on 2008/11/14 04:03:40 UTC

Use of Open Standards in Open For Business

NOTE: This is part of a more general effort to use some requirements
and designs to guide what we do in OFBiz. I'll be sending out more
messages along these lines.

In the new "OFBiz Requirements and Designs" space I have added a page
with information about open standards used in OFBiz, or that we could/
should use in OFBiz. This is an initial pass at this and will likely
need a lot of reorganization and maintenance over time, but already
has some information that I hope will be useful for people interested
in pursuing implementation of open standards, or use of
implementations of open standards. Here is the page:

http://docs.ofbiz.org/display/OFBREQDES/Open+Standards+for+OFBiz

There are a few ways these might be useful:

1. for those interested in supporting open standards and want to
implement them

2. for those who want to contribute to OFBiz but aren't sure what
would be good to implement

3. if you have an integration or standardized reporting need, why not
do it based on an open standard like UBL, OAGIS, or XBRL? in this way
you (or your client) will have a better thought out file format, and
one that may already have some existing code to support it, or others
in the community you can collaborate with to build it

If anyone has any questions, or any other standards you'd like to see
represented there, please do write!

-David

Re: Use of Open Standards in Open For Business

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
I am pliable, Not wanting to Start anything (tongue in cheek)
User Interface Layout Best Practices works for Me.

The impression I have gotten up to this point is
"We are not into friendly layout, but a basic place to start from"

As Ofbiz is going to be marketed, it should then be focus on the UI to
be intuitive and friendly.

since I use those words a lot that my be a place to start. defining what
those words mean.

others can then modify and expand on those definitions.

David E Jones sent the following on 11/15/2008 7:43 PM:

Posted by David E Jones <da...@hotwaxmedia.com>.

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.

Posted by David E Jones <da...@hotwaxmedia.com>.

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.