Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Pragnesh Kumar <pg...@acesw.com> on 2002/09/06 08:05:13 UTC

tomcat as nt serice

Hi All Tomcat User and Developper.
This is Pragneshkumar Gandhi from India

I am facing very tough time with tomcat.
>>From last 15 days i am trying to install tomcat as nt service but no LUCK.

i have tried Javaservice and Javaserv bcoz initially i had used jdk.1.3.1

but now i shifted to jdk1.2(1.2.2)
but the jk_nt_service.exe is excuting properlly but service is stopping just after the start.

"The Jakarta service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 1 time(s). The following corrective action will be taken in 0 milliseconds: No action"

Above line are founded in the event viewer. no lines in any log file of tomcat..

i am not the member of the list . i have send the mail but it might take the time so pls give reply on

pgandhi@acesw.com or pragneshkumar@yahoo.com

Urgent help will be very Nice
Thanking you all by Heart in advance

bye

Reagrds

Re: tomcat as nt serice

Posted by Ben Souther <bs...@fwdco.com>.
One workaround might be to create a batch file that starts tomcat when the
NT box boots up.
You can alter the catalina.sh script in <TOMCAT_HOME>/conf to use javaw
instead of java, you eliminate that persistant DOS window hanging around on
the machine. All output with Tomcat 4x gets directed to catalina.out in the
conf directory, so you won't miss the console window too much.