Posted to user@ant.apache.org by "Hooper, Paul" <ph...@msilm.com> on 2005/12/19 10:27:10 UTC

New user

Hello,

I'm running ant on Solaris 9.
All seems to be well. I have my Java project building etc.
As part of the build script I am running various junit tests.
My question is two fold:

How do I ensure that I am able to capture the stdout and stderr from the
unittests.
I am having problems capturing this data. I have tried to use
junitreport but to no avail.

My directory paths and filenames have spaces in them.
Junit is reporting errors saying cannot find file "../aa ass/ada ad
.csv" for instance.
How can I force ant to quote all directories and paths to allow them to
be correctly interpreted with spaces in ?

Thanks

Paul

_Confidentiality notice: Whilst this company has procedures in place and
makes every effort to safeguard both Inbound and Outbound Emails, we cannot guarantee that attachments are Virus - Free or compatible with your systems and therefore we do not accept any liability in respect of viruses or computer problems experienced. This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and/or privileged. They are for the intended recipient only. If you are not the intended recipient, you must not use, review, distribute, disclose, alter, print, copy, transmit or rely on this e-mail and any file transmitted with it. If you have received this e-mail and any file transmitted with it in error please notify the sender or Mitsui Sumitomo Insurance (London Management) Ltd Registered 4th Floor, 71 Fenchurch St, London, EC3M 4BS Company Number 1063340 email: response@msilm.com

Syndicate 3210 (acting through its Managing Agent at Lloyd's), Mitsui Sumitomo Insurance (London) Limited and Mitsui Sumitomo Insurance Company Limited are all regulated by the Financial Services Authority.

Re: New user

Posted by Petar Tahchiev <pa...@gmail.com>.
On 19/12/05, Hooper, Paul <ph...@msilm.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm running ant on Solaris 9.
> All seems to be well. I have my Java project building etc.
> As part of the build script I am running various junit tests.
> My question is two fold:
>
> How do I ensure that I am able to capture the stdout and stderr from the
> unittests.
> I am having problems capturing this data. I have tried to use
> junitreport but to no avail.
>
> My directory paths and filenames have spaces in them.
> Junit is reporting errors saying cannot find file "../aa ass/ada ad
> .csv" for instance.
> How can I force ant to quote all directories and paths to allow them to
> be correctly interpreted with spaces in ?
>
> Thanks
>
> Paul
>
> _Confidentiality notice: Whilst this company has procedures in place and
> makes every effort to safeguard both Inbound and Outbound Emails, we
> cannot guarantee that attachments are Virus - Free or compatible with your
> systems and therefore we do not accept any liability in respect of viruses
> or computer problems experienced. This e-mail and any files transmitted with
> it are confidential and/or privileged. They are for the intended recipient
> only. If you are not the intended recipient, you must not use, review,
> distribute, disclose, alter, print, copy, transmit or rely on this e-mail
> and any file transmitted with it. If you have received this e-mail and any
> file transmitted with it in error please notify the sender or Mitsui
> Sumitomo Insurance (London Management) Ltd Registered 4th Floor, 71
> Fenchurch St, London, EC3M 4BS Company Number 1063340 email:
> response@msilm.com
>
> Syndicate 3210 (acting through its Managing Agent at Lloyd's), Mitsui
> Sumitomo Insurance (London) Limited and Mitsui Sumitomo Insurance Company
> Limited are all regulated by the Financial Services Authority.

With the junit task you can errorproperty="name of property to set" and
failureproperty="name of property to set" attributes and later to call fail
task with attribute  if="some of your properties". So if the tests fail or
errors occur properties with the names you granted will be established.

--
Regards, Petar!