Posted to dev@santuario.apache.org by Vincent Finn <vi...@automsoft.com> on 2003/08/07 18:08:07 UTC

Incorrect key or altered file

Hi,

I have a simple question (I hope)

I have a file which I have signed
I am now verifying it

the verify() function simply returns true or false

Is it possible do discover why it failed?
By that I mean whether the key was wrong or the file had been changed

I would like this for the sake of error reporting

It seems like something really obvious but I can't see it in the examples or
docs

	Thanks, Vin

Re: Incorrect key or altered file

Posted by Berin Lautenbach <be...@ozemail.com.au>.
Vincent,

Is this the C++ or Java library?

If the former, there is a method "getErrMsgs()" in the DSIGSignature
class that will return an XMLCh buffer that holds the error messages.

Cheers,
	Berin