Posted to dev@ace.apache.org by Toni Menzel <to...@okidokiteam.com> on 2010/01/01 13:09:52 UTC

ACE-62 analysis

Happy New Year everyone !!

As suggested by marcel, some kind of reporting would be nice for our ANT to MAVEN convert task to ensure bundles are "about the same".

Have a look at [1]
I am still adding new data to be compared, but it should already give a hint of whats still to do for ACE-62.

Toni

[1] http://osgify.com/out1.html

Re: ACE-62 analysis

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofre <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
One thing that I forgot:

HAPPY NEW YEAR !!!

;)

Regards
JB

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
---------------------------------
  HomePage
http://www.nanthrax.net
---------------------------------
  Contacts
jbonofre@apache.org
jb@nanthrax.net
---------------------------------
  OpenSource
BuildProcess/AutoDeploy
http://buildprocess.sourceforge.net
Apache ServiceMix
http://servicemix.apache.org
-----------------------------------
PGP : 17D4F086

Re: ACE-62 analysis

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofre <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi Toni,

It looks interesting.

In AutoDeploy, I use some kind of similar behavior:
1/ for "binary" artifacts (such as jar, war, ear, etc), to define if an
update deployment should be performed or not, I compare the artifact VFS
location with the one in the AutoDeploy agent cache. This comparison is
based on the MD5 sum.
2/ for text file (XML, properties, flat file) such as configuration
file, as I manage the search/replace of token in this kind of files,
first, I make the search/replace in the cache and I compare this cache
with the target URI location. The comparison is content base (like a
String.equals()), it uses IOUtils contentCompare method.

As this behavior is embedded in the AutoDeploy Core API, it will be
included in the ACE AD File Bundle (currently in development).

Regards
JB

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
---------------------------------

Re: ACE-62 analysis

Posted by Toni Menzel <to...@okidokiteam.com>.
On 01.01.2010, at 15:11, Marcel Offermans wrote:

> Hey Toni
>
> On Jan 1, 2010, at 13:09 , Toni Menzel wrote:
>
>> Happy New Year everyone !!
>
> Happy New Year!
>
>> As suggested by marcel, some kind of reporting would be nice for our ANT to MAVEN convert task to ensure bundles are "about the same".
>>
>> Have a look at [1]
>> I am still adding new data to be compared, but it should already give a hint of whats still to do for ACE-62.
>
> That looks interesting. Am I correct in interpreting that it currently:
> - compares files
> - compares manifest entries
> and reports any differences it finds?
Kind of, yes. The tooling around is a bit more "general" (inspired during playing around with MapReduce principles). But yes, in this case yes, there are two "Reporters":
On cares about the classcontent, the other about osgi manifest headers.
Extensible..

> "No objections found." means the files in both archives are identical?
Yes, the "reporters" have not reported a single objection. (in their limited view of things)

Now it does: http://osgify.com/out1.html

Re: ACE-62 analysis

Posted by Marcel Offermans <ma...@luminis.nl>.
Hey Toni

On Jan 1, 2010, at 13:09 , Toni Menzel wrote:

> Happy New Year everyone !!

Happy New Year!