Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Forrest Xia <fo...@gmail.com> on 2010/01/08 09:46:01 UTC

daytrader trunk compilation error

Hi,

When I try to build the daytrader trunk, I got a compilation error:

org.apache.geronimo.samples.daytrader.web.TradeWebContextListener in
classloader
org.apache.geronimo.daytrader.plugins/daytrader-jetty_web.war/2.2/car

I know the daytrader is reorged, but don't know why the
TradeWebContextListener is removed from code base. Can someone shed a light?

Thanks a lot!

Forrest

Re: daytrader trunk compilation error

Posted by Joe Bohn <jo...@earthlink.net>.
It seems to me that the TradeWebContextListener was renamed to
TradeDirectContextListener and some other ContextListeners were added
for JPA and JDBC in rev. 809735
(http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=revision&revision=809735) so I
suspect a few references were just missed in the change.

However, I wonder if the ContextListeners are really necessary at all.
In some sandbox work I've been doing I removed them completely because
they didn't seem to provide any value in my scenarios.

Joe

Posted by Forrest Xia <fo...@gmail.com>.
Joe, Donald,

Today I made some fixes and improvements(via daytrader-70 and 71 jiras),
and I made these patches based on 2.2-SNAPSHOT. please help review and
commit. thanks!

Posted by Joe Bohn <jo...@earthlink.net>.
I just checked in some quick changes to get it building again - using
TradeDirectContextListener in place of TradeWebContextListener and using
the jpa_1.0 spec rather than jpa_3.0 for now.  This is just a band-aid
for now.  There are some strange deployment exceptions though building
the plugins.

Joe

Posted by Donald Woods <dw...@apache.org>.