Posted to dev@pig.apache.org by Dmitriy Ryaboy <dv...@gmail.com> on 2010/08/16 01:16:19 UTC

preferred way to handle errors in LoadFunc constructor?

Is there a preferred way to handle errors in LoadFunc initialization?
I suspect that if I throw an exception in the constructor, the Pig process
might die, which is not friendly, esp. to people working in the shell; but
just printing out an error can obviously lead to trouble later on, as well.
Ideas?

-D

Re: preferred way to handle errors in LoadFunc constructor?