Posted to batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Eric Yuan <bo...@gmail.com> on 2006/01/12 00:53:42 UTC

Compilation problems while installing batik source codes: a lot of "Class must implement the inherited abstract method..."

Hi dudes! It is my first time sending mails here, nice to find some
fellows using batik!

I am really getting mad these 2 whole days installing batik sources. i
first used Eclipse to import all files (including ".classpath"
unchanged) under the downloaded directory "xml-batik", and got about
1900 error messages, most of which are "Class must implement the
inherited abstract method Node.setTextContent(String)"... from
packages "org.apache.batik.dom", "org.apache.batik.dom.svg" and so on.

With desperation secondly i tried to build the project in command
line. i fully followed the instruction from the batik website, in the
"xml-batik" directory i type command "build.bat compile" and got
another 100 similar errors before the compile process failed.

I did follow the online documentation step by step, and checked the
FAQ carefully. installed jdk1.5.0_04 and made sure i set the
"JAVA_HOME" and "PATH" environment variables; installed Ant, and set
the environment varibles correctly; using Windows XP.

am i doing something silly or missing some other libraries?

Huge thanks in advance!
A desperate newbie

Re: Compilation problems while installing batik source codes: a lot of "Class must implement the inherited abstract method..."

Posted by Cameron McCormack <ca...@aka.mcc.id.au>.
Eric Yuan:
> Thanks real much! that's exactly where the problem is. the previous
> version i downloaded is the latest from the batik official website,
> version 1.6. after downloading the version you mensioned:
> http://svn.apache.org/builds/xml-batik/batik-src-06-01-10.zip
> it immediately solved the problem. but why is this version much larger
> and slower than the previous one?

Larger and slower to download?  I think that batik-src-*.zip includes
some stuff not in the official source release.  Perhaps the test suite?
Also it's not on the mirrors, so that might be why it downloads slower.

--
 Cameron McCormack			ICQ: 26955922
 cam (at) mcc.id.au			MSN: cam (at) mcc.id.au

Posted by Eric Yuan <bo...@gmail.com>.
Hi Cameron,

Thanks real much! that's exactly where the problem is. the previous
version i downloaded is the latest from the batik official website,
version 1.6. after downloading the version you mensioned:
http://svn.apache.org/builds/xml-batik/batik-src-06-01-10.zip
it immediately solved the problem. but why is this version much larger
and slower than the previous one?

cheers,
Eric

Posted by Cameron McCormack <ca...@aka.mcc.id.au>.