Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Martin Gilday <ma...@imap.cc> on 2007/02/22 17:30:29 UTC

Surefire 2.3

Hi,

Is there any idea yet of when we can expect surefire 2.3 to be released?
 Looking at JIRA there are still a lot of tasks pending, but also quite
a few fixes complete.  Is it possible that some of these open issues
could be pushed back to 2.4?

The reason being that now Bamboo is 1.0 it is still suffering from this
bug http://jira.atlassian.com/browse/BAM-732 which is caused by
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/SUREFIRE-122?rc=1 which is fixed.  This
makes all the nice reporting from Bamboo pointless as it thinks I have
24000 tests rather than 805.

Thanks,
Martin.

Re: Surefire 2.3

Posted by Martin Gilday <ma...@imap.cc>.
Thanks for the update Jason, it is appreciated.

On 22 Feb 07, at 11:30 AM 22 Feb 07, Martin Gilday wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Is there any idea yet of when we can expect surefire 2.3 to be
> released?

Brett started looking at Surefire again and hopes to do a release as
soon as he can.

>  Looking at JIRA there are still a lot of tasks pending, but also
> quite
> a few fixes complete.  Is it possible that some of these open issues
> could be pushed back to 2.4?
>
> The reason being that now Bamboo is 1.0 it is still suffering from
> this
> bug http://jira.atlassian.com/browse/BAM-732 which is caused by
> http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/SUREFIRE-122?rc=1 which is fixed.
> This
> makes all the nice reporting from Bamboo pointless as it thinks I have
> 24000 tests rather than 805.

Yah, there are 20 or so issues that have been resolved and that
probably does warrant a release before forging ahead. As I imagine it
will take a least a week of work to make any headway with the issues
that currently exist. I'll bring it up on the list and see if Brett
will push you out a release before digging in.

Thanks,

Jason.

Re: Surefire 2.3

Posted by Jason van Zyl <ja...@maven.org>.