Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Guenter Knauf <fu...@apache.org> on 2009/07/27 04:29:15 UTC

autoindex derectives

all,
I was just trying to configure some autoindex stuff while I found this:
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/trunk/en/mod/mod_autoindex.html#adddescription

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/trunk/en/mod/mod_autoindex.html#addicon

since both directives do basically the same - that is assign an
attribute to a filename/extension I think both should also sound same,
so I think for AddDescription the text should also be:

then for both directives the file/name paramter is explained closely
identical as:
AddDescription Directive
File is a file extension, partial filename, wild-card expression or full
filename for files to describe.

AddIcon Directive
Name is either ^^DIRECTORY^^ for directories, ^^BLANKICON^^ for blank
lines (to format the list correctly), a file extension, a wildcard
expression, a partial filename or a complete filename.

So from this description I would expect that both directives would act
the same if I give a file extension as argument, f.e. for:

AddDescription "SHA checksum" .sha
AddIcon /icons/quill.gif .sha

I would either expect files *.sha*, or if it would be strict then only
*.sha to match; but it seems that:
AddDescription -> matches *.sha*
AddIcon -> matches *.sha

here's the resulting sample (htaccess.txt is a symlink to .htaccess):
http://people.apache.org/~fuankg/testautoindex/

shouldnt both direcives behave equal?

Gün.