Posted to dev@ignite.apache.org by Ilya Kasnacheev <il...@gmail.com> on 2021/03/15 14:24:46 UTC

How to Contribute 2021

Hello!

When adding new users to the Contributor role, we usually give them a link
to "How to Contribute" wiki page.

However, I was feeling that it was in many ways outdated, referring to
outdated development practices and not emphasising TC tests and MTCGA bot.

So we took liberty to rewrite this page, meet
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/IGNITE/How+to+Contribute+2021

We tried to streamline it, make it more friendly to newcomers and just
shorter.

Please check it out, share your feelings.

I plan to replace the legacy
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/IGNITE/How+to+Contribute with
this page based on your feedback..

Ilya Kasnacheev

Re: How to Contribute 2021

Posted by Ilya Kasnacheev <il...@gmail.com>.
Hello!

I took the liberty renaming the new version to
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/IGNITE/How+to+Contribute

The old version is still available in the meantime as
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/IGNITE/How+to+Contribute+OLD

The next step would probably be splitting committer information to a
separate page. Is there anybody who wants to take it?

We can also file a ticket to overhaul CONTRIBUTING.md if somebody is
willing to do that.

Ilya Kasnacheev

Re: How to Contribute 2021

Posted by Ivan Pavlukhin <vo...@gmail.com>.

--

Best regards,
Ivan Pavlukhin

Re: How to Contribute 2021

Posted by Maxim Muzafarov <mm...@apache.org>.
Kseniya,

From my point of view he contribute.html and CONTRIBUTING.md should be

Re: How to Contribute 2021

Posted by Kseniya Romanova <ro...@gmail.com>.

Re: How to Contribute 2021

Posted by Ilya Kasnacheev <il...@gmail.com>.
Hello again!

Re: How to Contribute 2021

Posted by Ilya Kasnacheev <il...@gmail.com>.
Hello, Pavel!

Re: How to Contribute 2021

Posted by Ivan Pavlukhin <vo...@gmail.com>.
Hi Igniters,

> I think this guide should be much shorter and simple.

As you know we also have CONTRIBUTING.md [1] on GitHub. Perhaps it can
be the shortest one for newcomers.

[1] https://github.com/apache/ignite/blob/master/CONTRIBUTING.md

--

Best regards,
Ivan Pavlukhin

Re: How to Contribute 2021

Posted by Kseniya Romanova <ro...@gmail.com>.

Re: How to Contribute 2021

Posted by Pavel Tupitsyn <pt...@apache.org>.
Ilya,

Re: How to Contribute 2021

Posted by Ilya Kasnacheev <il...@gmail.com>.
Hello!

Re: How to Contribute 2021

Posted by Maxim Muzafarov <mm...@apache.org>.
Hello,

> Ignite employs both Review-Then-Commit processes.

The Commit-Then-Review (CTR) removed?

> Information for committers

Do we need this on a page for newcomers? I'd like to mention that some
of the committers still use the commit script, however, I think it
will be better to configure the GitHub interaction.

> Components and their maintainers

It seems that this list should be updated too.

> Working on a ticket

I think we should mention the Intellij IDEA checkstyle plugin and its
configuration (importation of checkstyle.xml to the IDE).

> GIT workflow

Do we need it?