Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Mick Knutson <mi...@gmail.com> on 2009/02/15 16:43:15 UTC

help with jdbc and dbunit server mapping

I am looking at this as a solution to externalize my db username and
password:
http://mojo.codehaus.org/dbunit-maven-plugin/examples/settings.html

But my issue is that, in my unit tests, I use dbunit and this seems that it
will map just fine, but when I run integration tests, I use a filtered
jdbc.username for example.
**
*
<dbunit.dataTypeFactoryName>org.dbunit.ext.mysql.MySqlDataTypeFactory</dbunit.dataTypeFactoryName>
        <dbunit.operation.type>INSERT</dbunit.operation.type>

        <jdbc.groupId>mysql</jdbc.groupId>
        <jdbc.artifactId>mysql-connector-java</jdbc.artifactId>
        <jdbc.version>${mysql.version}</jdbc.version>

<hibernate.dialect>org.hibernate.dialect.MySQL5InnoDBDialect</hibernate.dialect>
        <jdbc.driverClassName>com.mysql.jdbc.Driver</jdbc.driverClassName>

<jdbc.url><![CDATA[jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/testdb?createDatabaseIfNotExist=true&amp;useUnicode=true&amp;characterEncoding=utf-8&amp;sessionVariables=FOREIGN_KEY_CHECKS=0]]></jdbc.url>

        <jdbc.username>root</jdbc.username>
        <jdbc.password></jdbc.password>
*

I am wondering how I could get these settings from my <server> in my
settings.xml ??

---
Thank You…

Mick Knutson, President

BASE Logic, Inc.
Enterprise Architecture, Design, Mentoring & Agile Consulting
p. (866) BLiNC-411: (254-6241-1)
f. (415) 685-4233

Website: http://baselogic.com
Twitter: http://twitter.com/mickknutson
---

Re: help with jdbc and dbunit server mapping

Posted by Baptiste MATHUS <ml...@batmat.net>.
Maybe use a special profile in which you will define your properties?

Cheers

2009/2/15 Mick Knutson <mi...@gmail.com>

> I am looking at this as a solution to externalize my db username and
> password:
> http://mojo.codehaus.org/dbunit-maven-plugin/examples/settings.html
>
> But my issue is that, in my unit tests, I use dbunit and this seems that it
> will map just fine, but when I run integration tests, I use a filtered
> jdbc.username for example.
> **
> *
>
> <dbunit.dataTypeFactoryName>org.dbunit.ext.mysql.MySqlDataTypeFactory</dbunit.dataTypeFactoryName>
>        <dbunit.operation.type>INSERT</dbunit.operation.type>
>
>        <jdbc.groupId>mysql</jdbc.groupId>
>        <jdbc.artifactId>mysql-connector-java</jdbc.artifactId>
>        <jdbc.version>${mysql.version}</jdbc.version>
>

> <hibernate.dialect>org.hibernate.dialect.MySQL5InnoDBDialect</hibernate.dialect>
>        <jdbc.driverClassName>com.mysql.jdbc.Driver</jdbc.driverClassName>
>

> <jdbc.url><![CDATA[jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/testdb?createDatabaseIfNotExist=true&amp;useUnicode=true&amp;characterEncoding=utf-8&amp;sessionVariables=FOREIGN_KEY_CHECKS=0]]></jdbc.url>
>
>        <jdbc.username>root</jdbc.username>
>        <jdbc.password></jdbc.password>
> *
>
> I am wondering how I could get these settings from my <server> in my
> settings.xml ??
>
> ---
> Thank You…
>
> Mick Knutson, President
>
> BASE Logic, Inc.
> Enterprise Architecture, Design, Mentoring & Agile Consulting
> p. (866) BLiNC-411: (254-6241-1)
> f. (415) 685-4233
>
> Website: http://baselogic.com
> Linked IN: http://linkedin.com/in/mickknutson