Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by "Sie, Yang" <ya...@fmr.com> on 2006/06/19 15:33:01 UTC

Ajax and Desktop

Hello All:

Could someone please educate me on those two pipelines in JS2?

Desktop pipeline has the ajax functionality. You may drug and drop
portlets to place them in your layout as well as asynchronized
rendering. One thing that I wondered was how to use it so that user may
add/change nested layout. It also looks like that ajax xml api mentioned
in the ajax pipeline section, could provide you this capability.

My question, how do they work together, or can they? Or did I even
understand the things right?

Please advise, thank you.

---Yang

Re: Ajax and Desktop

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.
Sie, Yang wrote:

> Hello All:
>
> Could someone please educate me on those two pipelines in JS2?
>
> Desktop pipeline has the ajax functionality. You may drug and drop
> portlets to place them in your layout as well as asynchronized
> rendering. One thing that I wondered was how to use it so that user may
> add/change nested layout. It also looks like that ajax xml api mentioned
> in the ajax pipeline section, could provide you this capability.
>
> My question, how do they work together, or can they? Or did I even
> understand the things right?
>
> Please advise, thank you.

The desktop is  still under development. Thus there are  big pieces of
missing functionality. Customization of the layout of  portlets is one
area we have not yet addressed. Our goal is to have complete
customization of the desktop for the 2.1 release