Posted to server-dev@james.apache.org by "Narayan, Anand" <an...@acs-inc.com> on 2006/12/20 22:43:04 UTC

Support for mail distribution lists

Is there built in support in JAMES for handling distribution lists.
By this I mean configuring a groups called say, IT Dept and associating
users to this group.
Sending mail to the group should send mail to each user in the group.
I did not see this feature in the current version of JAMES. If this is not
supported is there any plans to support this.
Also, is there a workaround that can be used to do this (say in a system
where the users and groups will be maintained by an external identity
management system and will be provisioned to James using some external
means)

Thanks
Anand Narayan
message.