Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by sebb <se...@gmail.com> on 2008/02/05 13:46:19 UTC

[All] Extraneous svn:executable properties for non-executable files

I'm working on a Perl script to check that SVN properties have sensible values.

I've tried it against some Commons projects, and found a few with
rather odd settings, for example the following files are all flagged
as svn:executable:

Commons-Lang
src/java/org/apache/commons/lang/mutable/Mutable.java
src/java/org/apache/commons/lang/mutable/MutableByte.java
src/java/org/apache/commons/lang/mutable/MutableDouble.java
src/java/org/apache/commons/lang/mutable/MutableFloat.java
src/java/org/apache/commons/lang/mutable/MutableLong.java
src/java/org/apache/commons/lang/mutable/MutableShort.java
src/test/org/apache/commons/lang/mutable/MutableByteTest.java
src/test/org/apache/commons/lang/mutable/MutableDoubleTest.java
src/test/org/apache/commons/lang/mutable/MutableFloatTest.java
src/test/org/apache/commons/lang/mutable/MutableLongTest.java
src/test/org/apache/commons/lang/mutable/MutableShortTest.java
src/test/org/apache/commons/lang/mutable/MutableTestSuite.java

and

Commons-IO
src/test/org/apache/commons/io/EndianUtilsTest.java
src/test/org/apache/commons/io/input/SwappedDataInputStreamTest.java
src/test/org/apache/commons/io/output/CountingOutputStreamTest.java
src/test/org/apache/commons/io/output/LockableFileWriterTest.java
src/test/org/apache/commons/io/output/NullOutputStreamTest.java
src/test/org/apache/commons/io/output/TeeOutputStreamTest.java
xdocs/description.xml
xdocs/index.xml

Should I raise JIRA issues for these (I can provide scripts to reset
the properties) or should I just fix them in trunk?

S///

Re: [All] Extraneous svn:executable properties for non-executable files

Posted by Torsten Curdt <tc...@apache.org>.
> Should I raise JIRA issues for these (I can provide scripts to reset
> the properties) or should I just fix them in trunk?

Good finding ...just fix them IMO

cheers
--
Torsten