Posted to cactus-user@jakarta.apache.org by "Vaidya, Supriya A (US - Chicago)" <su...@deloitte.com> on 2007/06/25 18:30:49 UTC

URGENT: Selecting test cases to execute

Hi:

I have around 25 test cases for my application to execute. During minor
releases, the team wants the ability to select the test cases to run via
a web-interface. I have therefore created an HTML page with all the test
names, and they simply check the test cases they want to execute.

The HTML submits to the ServletTestRunner, which in turn invokes the
ReceiveAndSendTestSuite (which extends ServletTestRunner). Now.... how
does this suite get access to the request parameters in order to be able
to create and invoke the appropriate tests?

public static Test suite() obviously does not have access to the request
parameters. How else should I be able to instantiate my test cases?!?!?

All help will be much appreciated..

Supriya A Vaidya
Technology Integration
Deloitte Consulting LLP
Tel: +1 312 486 4835
Fax: +1 312 247 4835
Mobile: + 1 414 736 8157
www.deloitte.com <http://www.deloitte.com/>

This message (including any attachments) contains confidential information intended for a specific individual and purpose, and is protected by law.  If you are not the intended recipient, you should delete this message.

Any disclosure, copying, or distribution of this message, or the taking of any action based on it, is strictly prohibited. [v.E.1]

RE: URGENT: Selecting test cases to execute

Posted by "Vaidya, Supriya A (US - Chicago)" <su...@deloitte.com>.
Thanks - great idea! Works fine now :)

Supriya A Vaidya
Technology Integration
Deloitte Consulting LLP
Tel: +1 312 486 4835
Fax: +1 312 247 4835
Mobile: + 1 414 736 8157
www.deloitte.com

Posted by "Varma, Nitesh" <Ni...@tvworks.com>.
Write a inclusion/exclusion XML/properties file and use it to load the tests that you want to run within your suite() method. Manipulate this XML file
via your web-interface.

Nitesh Varma
Senior Architect
TVWorks, Inc.