Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Ken C <ae...@yahoo.com> on 2002/07/17 07:19:58 UTC

How to use Xindice in Cocoon2?

I have been reading through the mail archive and can't find up-to-date mails on 'using xindice in Cocoon'. As the user guide suggests, both XML:DB Generator and XML:DB Collection Generator are gonna be deprecated. I am wondering how cocoon can communicate with xindice and what protocol I shall be using for that purpose. And would it be the same protocol for use in xsp and in a sitemap, if possible?

    Thanks in advance.

PS. A summary of the problem and its solution will be provided, as suggested by the Cocoon developers and its community.

And sorry for my poor english if it doesn't present clearly.

Re: How to use Xindice in Cocoon2?

Posted by Giacomo Pati <gi...@apache.org>.
On Wed, 17 Jul 2002, sheshadri wrote:

> check for XMLDBTransformer
>
> regards,
> shesh

The way to use XML DBs it is by an URL like
xmldb:xindice://host/collection/resource IIRC.

Giacomo

Posted by sheshadri <sh...@apparelxml.net>.